Sustainable coastal development is critical to protecting the mangrove flats and ecosystems that support the permit, tarpon and bonefish that fly fishermen love. Instructor Haywood Curry, student Johnny Cantun and classmates in the Ocean Academy Fishing Class made the winning video on the theme of sustainable coastal development for the CZMAI (Coastal Zone Management Authority and Institute). Their video was shown as the culminating activity for the 2014 Belize Coastal Awareness Week.
- Mapping Marine Debris with ArcGIS and Drone Technology
- Il Pellicano Cucina Italiana Business Internship
- Il Pellicano Cucina Italiana Culinary Arts Apprenticeship
- OA’s “Hire Belize” mobile app wins PwC’s Belize Innovation Challenge
- Ocean Academy creates expressive media as an Adobe Youth Voices School